View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 22, 2010, 02:05 PM

Cheri, Flamingo Jim, and Squirrelpoo..

Cheri- I'm on the same path you are, would love to trade recipes, please message me!
Flamingo Jim- I take a supplement that has been proven in double-blind, placebo-controlled studies to prevent DNA mutations. I myself have an RNA mutation (TERC), so I'm taking it to prevent further mutations. Its raw fruits, vegetables, and berries, so if taking it can prevent further mutations, why wouldn't you take it or add more to your diet? I do both...
Squirrelypoo- I'm sorry you were healthy your whole life, and this happened to you (. I can imagine how frustrated you were when you were diagnosed. I also thought I was a very healthy eater, but when I started doing what Cheri did (no dairy, refined sugar, no additives or artificial sweeteners) and changed my lifetime of thinking, my blood levels started to even out...I'm still moderate AA, but its been since May since I've needed blood.
I hope you all get better!! We are all different, so what works for 1 of us may not help all of us, but some things we do can only help. Is what your putting into your body everyday going to Harm or Help? That's what I ask myself...
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.