View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 16, 2008, 10:59 AM

Nicole,

My daughter was diagnosed with AA on June 1, 2005. We ended up finding Dr. Margolis as well and moving out there in October 2005 so she could have a MUD BMT under his care. He is the best dr, caring, king, considerate, and receptive to the parents concerns and feelings. Anyways, she is now just over 2 years post-BMT and doing very well.

AA does take your life and turn it upside down, especially when it comes to your kids! You are supposed to watch out and care for them and protect them, but then, BAM, you get slammed with something like this that is out of your control. I found, for me at least, it helped to be positive. Do everything in your power to research and make the best possible choices and then feel comfortable with those choices you made.

As for the G-CSF, they had Michelle (my daughter) on that but she never had a response to it, at least no response to speak of. I agree with Marlene in that when they stop it, it will go down greatly so be prepared for that. Have you asked his dr's why they are keeping his ANC up so high?

Michelle has a carepage set up and you can read everything we went through. In addition, if you have any questions or just want to "talk" to someone who has been there, feel free to email me at suzanne_koopman@pacbell.net

Ah, time to stop the fighting of the kids upstairs and make them get dressed for school.

Suzanne