Thanks, Greg, and, Alice, for your help. If we decide on NIH your info will definitely be helpful.
Right now I think (we keep going back and forth) we have decided to go to M. D. Anderson in Houston, at least for now. It's just been a nightmare getting our insurance approval.
My husband leaves it all up to me and I'm so afraid I'll make the wrong choice. So I told him, I found these two places and gone through all the hoops to get you in, but I want you to make the decision which one to go to.
Wherever we end up, I just pray that they will find something that helps. I know I'm asking for a miracle; but, I believe in miracles!
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.