View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 24, 2010, 02:31 AM

Smile +255 and the days roll by

+255 - amazing. I couldn't have visualized what this day would look like from day 0 - or from the beginning of this journey in Dec 2008.

Ethan is doing well and we are starting his med reduction. His counts aren't in a normal range yet, but hoping it is the immune suppressants that are keeping them down. The doc seems a bit concerned about his red counts, but as this disease seems to dictate patience, what choice do we have but wait to see what his body does when the meds are reduced. The docs are talking removing his line in the next 2 mos or so.

Starting to figure out what his kinder year will look like. It seems we will be holding him back this year. I hope he gets to a place where we can at least send him to preschool to get some social skills with kids his age. We have been isolated for so long.

Couldn't afford to attend the Bethesda event, but one year we will get out to there.

Nicole - I can't imagine what it is like to see your baby turning into a teen, especially after all he has braved.

What success and hope you all offer!
Thank you so much for being here!