View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 1, 2012, 08:26 AM

custody

I am from the UK, and (if you haven't already), I suggest you seek advice from your local CAB or Law Centre ASAP. If your sister's solicitor is not being helpful then perhaps she could find another one? It may be worth contacting Women's Aid and asking if they have a list of good solicitors - although it is not a case of physical abuse, it may fall under the category of emotional abuse (and it would certainly help her case if your sister could prove that her ex has bullied her in the past)

Social Services are supposed to put the child's needs first, and they will look at issues like housing (how much space there is in your house etc) and whether the child can attend the same school as she did before. The fact that you are there to take care of your sister should go in her favour. Her ex sounds like a horrible man, and if it is looking like he is going to win the case, I would as a last resort contact the press. Local papers would certainly be interested, and the Telegraph has in the past run campaigns for parents fighting SS. The Daily a**wipe (sorry, Mail!!) would probably run the story too.

Good luck x