View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:15 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Ric,

Very interesting that you are tracking this. I'm going to backtrack my data and see if I can pull anything out of it. I haven't recorded all the data in a spreadsheet, but I use my iPhone to photograph every unit of blood I receive, so I should be able to pull the photos and create a spreadsheet.

What conclusions do you draw from your data?

Take care!

Greg
My conclusions are personal to me; however, I will say that fresher IS better; using Exjade is necessary to keep increases in ferritin levels under control but also watching out for the undesireable side effect of raising Creatinine levels (no matter what Novartis claims); and keeping track of PRBC donation dates and infused volumes is still a good idea.

And truly greatful THANKS to people who donate this life-giving gift to us with MDS who are in the battle to survive as long as we can!!!
Ric: Low-risk MDS (blasts <4%); 4 cycles Revlimid no positive response; PRBC transfusion dependent; so far, 392'units' over 8 3/4 years; BMB #4 (15/04/01) shows evolution to AML (blasts 20-30%) 47,XY,del(5) (q22q35),+21[24][cp24]/46,XY(1).