View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 9, 2013, 09:48 PM

Curleygirl

There are several facebook groups with AA patients and moms. The one that comes to mind is caregiver angels.

Most of us had no idea prior to having this disease that the bone marrow can fail. It is a complete shock. ATG treatment can have severe allergic side effects and can need ICU treatment if a reaction occures. I was fine during my treatment, but they did need to slow it down at one point due to chills and such. My Hematologist refered me to a teaching hospital (Emory)and suggested that I have the treatment at Emory...Mainly because of the inexperience of the staff at his hospital. When at Emory they waited until the second shift came on because the second shift nurse had performed many ATG treatments. I believe you and your son would be much more comfortable and avoid exposure to viruses and bacteria in a private room. I wish you well. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope and pray that your sons recovery is speedy!