View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 9, 2010, 08:17 AM

Congratulations, Jim! I don't know anything about that center so I can't comment, but I'll be thinking about you. It sounds like you might be undergoing your conditioning regime while I'm at the altar! Have you got details on what conditioning you'll be having?

And learn from my experience - don't get too hung up on the day they tell you because you can get delays and date changes right up until the second you're admitted (I had one change the day before and then another the night before).

There's a thread here on what to pack which might help you.

Have you got any other questions? There are several of us who had our transplants last year (and unfortunately Vera isn't with us anymore, but her thread is still very helpful).
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)

Last edited by squirrellypoo : Thu Sep 9, 2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: added packing link