View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 18, 2010, 10:37 PM

For my transplant my center would not allow me to be alone. If they knew I was alone they would admit me until I would have a caregiver with me 24/7. Thankfully my husband is a teacher and has summers off so it worked okay for us. But honestly, I feel as if there were moments that I could have been alone and okay for a little bit. The funny thing though, is the one time I was by myself (my husband had an apt at the clinic), they called and said I had positive blood cultures and needed to come ASAP to the clinic. Of course I had to tell them I was alone and had to wait until my husband came home. They were not too happy Oh well.

I think as long as you are feeling good you should be okay by yourself. It is nice to have someone around to help you with things if you don't feel good or are not strong enough. But if you feel okay, there is no reason to have someone with you.

Like was said, for an emergency there is always 911.

Laura