View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 10, 2010, 01:43 PM

Thanks Birgitta-A, I was hoping you would respond to my post. I am new to this disease. My mother informed me a couple weeks prior to her second BMB. From what I know from the BMB, it seems like everything in the biopsy looked normal, other than her low platelets. Dec. 2009 is when she went into the hospital complaining about dizziness and faintness. They discovered that all her 3 blood cells were low (RBC, WBC, & platelet). I know they did a battery of tests to rule other things out. So the only symptoms now is the low platelet. So I am concerned that Vidaza may not be the right treatment and it also seem too aggressive, but I'm not informed enough to question the Dr. Dr. said there is a 20% chance of good response from the treatment and this was the only option presented to us. Dr. wants her to be less dependent on transfusions. But is Vidaza the right treatment, when BMB doesn't show anything abnormal. She is scheduled to start on Monday and I'm trying to find out as much information as possible to see if there are other options before trying Vidaza.