View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 8, 2010, 03:35 PM

Talking 10 - Day cycle of Vidaza

Hi CR,
This forum is awesome! Glad you found your way here! My husband (Ron) was diagnosed with MDS Feb'09 and he is the one Birgitta mentioned as being on the 10-Day Vidaza protocol. Ron will begin his 12th cycle of Vidaza by injection this wed (3/10/2010). I've been posting his continued progress on Vidaza, under clinical trial e1905. He is in the control group that does not receive the experimental drug (MS-275), but, does receive a lower than normal dose of Vidaza, which is 50 mg/m2. (It's sometimes a bit confusing, but, he is 218 lbs in weight, and receives a daily dose, calculated as 105mg. If he fluctuates in weight, the daily dose fluctuates). But, on this clinical trial, Ron is calculated to receive the same amount daily, for 10 Days... our inside joke is that he needs to shed a few pounds to lessen his chemo...

Ron was very sick in the beginning and had 6 aberations in his chromosomes. Since treatment, Ron's aberations have been reduced down to only the -5q deletion. We seeked a second opinion at the Moffitt Cancer Center, and Dr. Alan List recommended Ron stay on his current protocol, because Ron has had such wonderful response.

Please see the blood/lab posts for how well Ron improved on Vidaza... I pray that your husband has the same response... whichever protocol they decide on. Keep The Faith!

Cindy (Lauch is my sign-on member name).