View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 16, 2012, 07:51 PM

ciclo intolerance.

Hi Jules, i'm also in the UK and SAA still on ciclosporin though cholesterol is high, they seem more concerned about my iron kicking my liver. Did they do a split of the cholesterol figures cos mine is high but apparently its triglycerides that are high with me. I was diagnosed Sept 2010 with SAA, had rabbit ATG Nov 2010, and bone marrow confirmed back where we started in May 2011. Live on other people's blood and ciclo does not keep my counts good, I drop to hgb 8.0 every four weeks but platelets good at 40 ish and I avoid folks so white cell count though low is functionable. I have never heard of cell cept and with such good counts on ciclosporin it seems mad to withdraw it. Have they tried you on another brand first? Do you take anything else that might cause them to withdraw ciclo? Those figures seem wonderful to me and statins and cellcept seem mad to do together because if one or other disagrees with you how will you know which. Do you see your docs often, can you discuss the matter with your gp even if you cant see your consultant yet? So many questions but we all sit in the same boat and we would all wish you well