View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 11, 2008, 04:57 PM

Pop Update 3/11/2008

Hello all,

I hope all that read this post are doing well.

Pop had his blood test this morning. Like I said in previous posts, my week runs Tuesday to Tuesday. His hemoglobin was just at 8.5 ( they want him to go another week; gonna be rough on him) but his platelets were 13. I guess it is safe to say that after 4 weeks of platelets his bone marrow has shut down. I was not surprised to hear this news. He has been using a water pick to clean his teeth, and the other day, it made his gums bleed really bad. He also dropped a piece of fire wood on his leg, and he would not stop bleeding for almost half an hour. I scolded him for moving the fire wood. He knows I handle it for him and mom; however, I hear tell, he has been sneaking tractor rides thinking i don't know about it. I guess it's his turn. Lord only knows the sneaking I thought I was getting away with. I guess we are our father's sons.

Easter is in 2 weeks. He really enjoys lamb with pear half's and mint jelly. I put in an order for him. Boned and rolled with no skin. Just the way he likes it. I'm glad my kids get another big dinner with him. Just maybe, my little boy will remember him. My little girl, see last post's, is doing a lot of snuggling with her Pop. She understands. My only other issue with her is explaining cremation. Any suggestions on how to explain it to a 6 year old? I was thinking of showing her Star Wars 6. She really enjoys star Wars. Darth gets cremated in the end. may open up a discussion.

Oh, in closing, I would love to post a picture of him. Does anyone know how? in the mean time, you can see him, and us on http://www.myspace.com/schultze1963 all are more than welcome to view.

God Bless All.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.

Last edited by mannythedog : Wed Mar 12, 2008 at 06:17 AM.