View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2013, 08:57 PM

All,
My mom has CMML and is 73 years old. That Dacogen (3 of 6 treatments) did nothing for her MDS but toxified her lungs. I was told yesterday by her cancer center nurse I should probably put in for FMLA and spend quality time with her. She told me this without even knowing what her Cleveland cancer doctor had planned for her. Anyhow, I took her for blood work yesterday and her counts were all real low. She got typed and I took her back this morning for her platelets and 2 unit transfusion. She was in bad shape the last couple of days. Her oxygen level went down to the low 60's this morning while I was getting her ready. She almost passed out on me. By the time I got her to the hospital they couldn't get her oxygen level past the low 80's even on 12 liters.

I called both her cancer doctors and neither seemed to give a crap. The one who came through for us (and always does) and got her admitted was her family doctor. Finally about half way through her 2nd bag of blood her oxygen level came up to about 92 but still with 12 liters.

She is suppose to start Vidaza Monday and I am wondering if any of you can tell me how effective it is on 73 year old patients with CMML?

Thanks to all,
Sheri