Thread: Fevers, anyone?
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 08:49 AM

Hi Donna and Squirrelpoo---
I laughed about the line "for what it's worth"....seriously, does my life read like a Spanish soap opera or what? It's unbelievable! Yesterday, instead of being in the ER like I expected, I took a walk on the beach and sat in the sun by the marina. It was a warm, "bonus day" here in NJ and I figured the fresh air would do me good....and it did!

I went thru Menopause over 7 years ago....but this time I don't have the mood swings! And no, no pic line, port or anything else that would suggest an easy fix. I recently started on a male hormone...could that be it? Dr says no, but I will check that out.......

Last nite, around 3 am, my fever spiked at 103.6 and I thought, let's see what happens. I didn't want to take Tylenol. Eventually it broke on its own around 5am...but I was nervous....and praying hard to see the morning light!

Stay tuned and I really hope we can solve this mystery once and for all!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly