View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 26, 2011, 07:58 PM

Dear Divina,

seemingly you are very active in trying to find solutions for your health problems with perhaps some effects on your personal Quality of Life.

Personally i would find it too dangerous, risky, to cancel all your diabetes medicines in generally and especially in your health state with kidney disease and mds.

The last days i searched in the net for you to find some studies saying that it would be an iron chelator as you consider it to be. No, - i could not find proves for that. I found green tea as a natural chelator, but reducing only the iron intake of the body by the intestines, and black tea might function in a similar, if less effective way. I doubt, that this can help to reduce the iron load in your body. And you have got so many transfusions till now, so that you supposedly would need a school medicine cure.. That seems a problem for you, as you had problems with these agents before...?

No, the ferritin level is not really reliable in measuring iron oveload. Its only a fist indicator. For to see, of already your organs have a dmanage, e.g. the liver, you should do more examinations, like measuring the liver iron overload. some people have already a damnage after 20 transfusions, but you have got 70...

Perhaps black tea stabilizes you in some way, But htis does not mean in my view that the iron you got by the transfusions is chelated.

Has your oncologist given another advice too, besides telling you you should drink black tea?

Kind regards, best wishes,

Margarete