Thread: AA outcome
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 23, 2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Bill View Post
Hi JEZ,

I read your post on the bleeding gums thread, and thought it would be better to respond on this thread re the CsA and kidney function.

My creatinine when measured by the hematology lab stays around .9 or 1.0, and my GFR has been 89. So far so good.

Were your levels as good as mine earlier when you started to take the CsA? Or were they borderline before they crossed into the danger zone?

Hopeful's experience and yours makes me wonder what happens to kidney transplant patients who are on CsA for good (as I understand it) but whose kidneys then begin to be threatened by the CsA? Perhaps they can be helped by Immuran, as you are. I will have to ask my hematologist about it. Maybe shoot off an email to Dr Paquette, too.

Makes me also wonder if I shouldn't try lowering CsA my dosage (with the doctor's approval, of course), just as a precaution against overloading the kidneys.
My creatinine before taking CsA was 0.7 and GFR calc >85.
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran