View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 24, 2018, 11:43 AM

Smile Some tips for travelling after transplant

Hello everyone,

The flight was smooth, the plane brand new, great food, great service, immigration and customs warm and friendly, as for me, totally exhausted !

The smallest aches and pain seemed to magnify when up in the skies. Cabin air pressure sometimes had my ears popping, but it HURT ! Tip: use those soft IT earplugs.

Airplane lavatories only have paper, there is no automatic washlets/bidets, so to minimize infection from urine or stools, I used a DIY "watergun", plastic bottle full of water, make small holes in the plastic cap, and just squirt to wash.

Time difference/Jetlag interferes with timing of medicine. Flying in from the West I gained one day. For my meds I calculated the hours for intake, instead of going by morning-noon-evening.
Some meds are for after meals, so I always have a snack with me when I am on the go, I can avoid taking the meds on an empty stomach.

Lots of coughing and wheezing heard on the flight. I wore a mask the entire time, the disposable kind. Drank lots of water and hot green tea.

Arrived safely, still jetlagged. Nausea and allergies have subsided ! Must be the California fresh air.

Thank you Ray. I have some spare prednisone for emergency. I was thinking of tapering by myself, but won't risk it.
Lisa, congratulations on passing the 2 year mark ! Happy birthday to your little prince too!

Love and prayers for everyone, please enjoy the weekend.
Meri