View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 5, 2013, 10:28 AM

Thanks for your thoughtful post Lulu. I too need to hear the details in order to assess this. For me knowing the counts, BMB results, prior lifestyle, etc are important details to know.

As you can tell from my posts, I'm a big advocate of nutrition and the role it plays in recovery. Especially, gut health and B12/folate/b6 as key to healing. But as we all know, not all Aplastic Anemia is a b12/folate issue.

I was able to find the list of ingredients for the basic formula:

http://www.youngevity.net/mm5/graphi...supplement.jpg

I think the selling point for this product is that it's made from whole foods versus synthetics. And that it has all the essential minerals and amino acids. But the forms of B12,folate and B6 are not the bio-active forms which I feel are better forms.

Travis, I'm happy that your wife's anemia responded well to the supplements. It's alway good to hear success stories. If you come back to check your post, hopefully you'll share more details.

Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.