View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 5, 2013, 02:29 PM

Welcome Susan (Bill A),

Many have reported success with Vidaza, and yes, it can be hard on you at first, depending on your age and health... I'm young, and the first round of Dacogen (very similar to Vidaza), kicked my butt (WBC's and Neutrophil), but helped in all my other blood counts... I have to wait until next week for my second round because of infections / cold I got due to the Dacogen and low WBC's...

I will say that I was hesitant to do the chemo at first, but the results have been great...

Good luck to you and Bill, I'm very close to you guys in OldBridge NJ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
My name is Susan and I am writing for my husband Bill A. Bill was diagnosed with MDS in 2010. This doctors believe in Bill's case the MDS is caused by an autoimmune dysfunction. He also suffers from skin lesions which have been diagnosed as pyoderma gangrenosum. In February Bill's MDS became more aggressive with 10% - 15% blasts. He was put on Vidaza with many complications and transfusions. After two treatments, he is just beginning to feel better and counts are slowly improving. Has anyone experienced good results with Vidaza?
Our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who has this dreadful disease.
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)

Last edited by Whizbang : Thu Sep 5, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: correct