View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 1, 2010, 03:50 AM
Owner

It must be very hard having an undiagnosed condition like yours, not to mention potential diagnoses that are frightening to contemplate. But it's clear that you have something good going for you: the stability of your condition.

You've been living with low counts for many years and could very well continue that way without putting a name to what's wrong. With a low ANC you have to be careful to avoid infections but like gluten intolerance you learn what's necessary to keep yourself out of trouble.

When you get the chromosome results I hope you'll let us know what they show, and whatever else you learn. It sounds like you are in good hands and are educating yourself. I know it often involves reading information that's frightening (I've had those scares myself) but in the long run it can only help you to understand what the doctors are up to, as they try to learn what's wrong and see if there's treatment you ought to have. I hope you will find a way to stay positive and not assume the worst.