View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:30 AM

Sally I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I was very emotionally drained yesterday. I think seeing my husband in a hospital bed and realizing the seriousness hit me like a Mac truck. this is real. This is serious. This is forever.

I am a believer. I have been able to stay mostly positive because I can see the blessings in disguise and thank God for them. Like our marriage being stronger then ever and the people he knew we would need around us

Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it!
I am so happy to hear your husband is doing well! I am happy he is transfusion free! It was very kind to look into promacta for me. I talked to my husbands Dr after his transfusion yesterday about promacta or epo. He said he prefers epo. He is having more test Monday then we can talk more about that. He said he worried about scarring in the bone marrow with promacta. But I worry about 14 platelets and 5.5 hgb also. Who knows. I do know my husband has a blue collar job that could have him one accident away from bleeding to death at 14 platelets that were trending down quickly.

His blood transfusion went well. Very good nurses took care of us all day he had 2 pints of rbcs and is now 6.7 he also had one bag of platelets that took him from 14 to 47 platelets. Better is better he had body aches this morning but that was his only symptom I was wondering if that could be from laying still all day then a long nights sleep? Did your husband ever experience this?

we had a talk about the life saving blood. He now realizes the importance. I had to get very real with him. Until now he wasnt ready to hear somethings or hed shut down. He went from being a heathly 30yr old man looking forward to kids to a life changing dx w possibility of some of those dreams not happening. It has just taken him awhile to realize the importance of not running from this but he's getting there thanks to people like you that have been kind enough to reach out and share experiences.
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim