Thread: Just weary
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 31, 2015, 01:18 PM

Don't worry about sounding like a whiner - you don't. We know exactly how you feel. My son was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia in Apr 2013. He responded to ATG and cyclosporine and he started to relapse when we tried to finish tapering his cyclosporine. So they raised the dose and he started slowly getting better. Two weeks ago he got a nasty winter norovirus - threw up for 5 days. Got better for 2 days then developed a double ear infection and a fever. He's finally finishing his antibiotics. The two infections made his numbers wonky. His platelets went up from 75 to 107, but his hemoglobin dropped from 11.3 to 9.6. Who knows what to think of that. But just to let you know infections do that, if you bone marrow issues. So if you're feeling not well it can drop your neutrophils and then you're susceptible to other opportunist infections. Switching doctors is always hard. My son's pediatrician and his hematologist are about to go on maternity leave at the same time. I realize that's temporary but even that stressed me out. Luckily it's not the same as switching and the team of hematologists at his hospital are all very good. Good luck and I hope you find a new doctor, get answers, and feel better soon!