View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 25, 2015, 01:37 AM

Unhappy A little update-A little venting.(no judgement please)

Hi guys. Idk if anybody has actually been following my story/post. but i feel like updating.

Has anyone noticed that pregnancy makes condition worse? I was diagnosed with SAA in July 2015 after three biopsies and low blood counts. And receiving blood and platelet transfusions at least once a week. (As fast as I was getting the blood I was needing transfused.) Now I am no longer pregnant my counts are holding for longer. Since August( end of pregnancy) I have only needed two red blood transfusions. And at a month apart. 09-04-15 then 10-12-15...no platelets since 08-13-15...I was (am) being worked up for BMT (brother match)....I just had a biopsy done this past Thursday. Depending on my cellularity determines whether I need a BMT or not...Originally at time of diagnosis I was at 11% Dr says I should be at least 70%... so I am just waiting for my results...If my percentage improved then docs will look into some other form of treatment. Maybe watch n see. Or some shots to help my own blood production.....I just wondering has anybody heard of, experienced, or know someone who has dealt with a similar situation... I'm just kind of confused and a little annoyed bc I went thru a lot just to get to a point where now nobody knows what to do with me...I don't get my results for about a week or two...but I'm just curious to see if anybody can relate.