View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 28, 2015, 08:20 AM

It can take quite a while. It took John years after treatment to get to where he's at. His platelet and red cells are still below normal but stable. His HGB holds at around 12 and his platelet are around 90 - 110. But it looks like you may be well on your way already. It takes time to get comfortable with lower than counts both physically and emotionally.

I took him two years to get transfusion free. But he was on the extreme side of the bell curve for recovery. Most who underwent hiCy treatment recovered much sooner.

Regarding MAA, I think there may have been some clinical trails in the past but I'm not sure what the current thinking is right now. I'll have to look into it. You may want to use the search function at the top of the site and type in MAA to look at past post on the subject.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.