View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 22, 2012, 08:14 PM

FINALLY have appointment at Moffitt

Well, we've been trying to find alternatives since getting the news that Al's blasts were now at 10-15% and this disqualified him from the trial at NIH in Bethesda. So I've spent the last week going back and forth between the insurance company and Moffitt, where we have decided to seek further treatment. I won't go into all the details, but suffice it to say, it has been another NIGHTMARE!
However, today we finally were able to set an appointment for Moffitt in Tampa and will be going there in July. Not sure exactly what treatment we will have, as we want to look at all options and see what the doctor thinks might be most helpful.
Received Al's BMB from NIH yesterday and it was the most detailed he has ever had. His folate levels and B12 levels were off the chart. I mean SUPER high. Does this mean it has turned into leukemia? Does anyone know?
I'm glad we're finally moving forward again as our Watch and Wait didn't last very long.
I'm just hoping and praying that we will find something that will help him.
God bless all of you for your kind words and support. I don't know where I would be without this forum.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.