Thread: Just weary
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 31, 2015, 09:01 AM

Thank you for your thoughts. I have had nothing checked. I've been to my primary twice, who thinks it is virus, but never tested my blood. She gave me a nose spray the first time and then antibiotics the second time, then another round of antibiotics when I called and told them it had not gone away. Then they send me to the ENT.

I can't see to get my new primary to listen and realize I do know a thing or two. I believe my white cells are below normal again. At what level, who knows. I have had low platelets for 20 years now. Five years ago my white blood cells began going into below normal range. That's when they decided I am wait and watch for MDS. The trend of my blood cells has been that each year they go a little lower. I've made a graph and you can visibly see the downward trend.

I wish I had my old primary doctor back. She kept a really close eye on things for me. When things looked like I needed to go see my blood doctor, then she would send me to him. They worked well together. Now, to add to my frustration, the hospital group for which my blood doctor is associated with and controls even his private practice and all the others in the network will no longer be covered under the insurance I have. Now I have to find a new oncologist/hematologist. Next week I have to ask the doctor I love to give me a referral to a new doctor. This too is exhausting. My heart is broken.

I think I just need to get a bunch of sleep, but all the circumstances around me cause me to have difficulty sleeping. Too much on my mind. Mother has cancer, serious issues with grandchildren and trying to get them to a safe place, my husband has just this last year been diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), which is the disease all the football players are displaying and talking about. I just need a long nap and prayers.

Thank you for being a place where I can just go and let it all out. I'm sorry to sound like such a whiner. I have stayed upbeat and all for so long with all this, but now that my defenses are down, I am having a rough day or two. My step father says to take a day or two and wallow, then pick yourself up. I've had my days of wallowing, now it's time to pick myself up. Thank you for listening. I know your prayers will help me to get back up.