View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 31, 2007, 12:35 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
I kind of hesitate asking too many questions because Don just doesn't seem to want to know a lot. We have both read the booklet MDS Foundation and AAMDS Foundation sent to me. They have been very helpful. I also search the internet and try to be aware things that might help me to help Don.
Geri,

Don't be hesitant to ask questions that will help you understand, and help you help Don. It's not uncommon for the caregiver to be the one with the most questions. A good hematologist will answer the questions that either of you have. I consider it part of their job, just as I consider learning all I can to be part of my job as caretaker.

I know a few methods that can help: organizing your questions ahead of time, offering to leave a list of questions with the doctor, and asking if you can email questions. Most questions can be answered on the spot. For others, you might get the best answers if you let the doctor get back to you, or the doctor or treatment center may be able to provide you with materials that provide further information.