View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 5, 2007, 02:58 PM

The injury Don received on his leg has certainly been interesting to say the least. Please if someone is more knowledgeable than me feel free to correct me on this one. As near as I can figure out the red rash Don had was probably petechiae, tiny pinpoint hemorrhages under the skin that finally covered a large area on the back of his leg. It has now progressed down the back of his leg and he has a purple bruise wrapping around the back of his ankle.
It does all seem to be slowly going away around the injured place but also progressing onto his foot.
He is now able to walk without limping.
Neil thanks so much for your encouragement I guess I do know that I will have to ask the questions, I really was hesitant to do that thinking the Dr would rather deal with Don instead of me.
Concerning medical record copies, I asked the Dr once if we could have copies of his CBC's and Dr answered that he is only the keeper of the records that they belonged to Don. Well that time we still did not get any copies so the next time Don was to see the Dr., when the medical asst. came to take his BP etc. I asked her for the copies and received them right away. So perhaps that is the best way to handle the records requests.
Thanks everyone for your input on this issue...it seems that with MDS there aren't any easy answers.
Geri