View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 9, 2014, 07:25 PM

Sorry new poster trying to figure this out

So 15 yrs ago, I had some very weird symptoms (ultimately attributed to an immune reaction to doxycline). In any event as part of the work up, they did a bone marrow biopsy, chrom analysis and flow cytometery. Bone marrow biopsy and flow cytometry came back negative and as I had no "evidence" of cancer and was feeling better they said to put the test out of my mind. It was del 4(q21-35). This was 15 yrs ago and I know that the techology and knowledge has changed and that this might not be the current state of things as i notice a lot of you are worrying about your cytology and getting transplants and such.

Im worried OMG ! Should I have been getting followed by a doctor or something else? I am experiencing another round of health problems, and wondering if this is it? Please enlighten me on the significance of the bone marrow cytology. One doctor told me a whole chain of events had to happen for it to happen and that all of us harbor stuff that needs a chain reaction so not to harp on this unless I was symptomatic. Please help!
L