Thread: 2nd transplant?
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 19, 2016, 01:14 PM

I can easily understand why a second transplant could work out very well for you. You did much better than I did for the process.

Regarding the trip, I flew to North Carolina (from Portland, OR) and helped with preparation for the move. We then drove to Idaho Falls, Idaho. We were on the road at about 4:30 each morning. The driving was not a problem for me but I was ready to "hit the sack" by about 7:30 p.m. I then stayed for a week doing projects associated with daughter's new house and then flew out of Idaho Falls back to Portland, Oregon. We accomplished a lot before she reported to work. I could do about five/six hours of solid work each day before fading quickly in the evenings.

We were prepared to sleep in her new van and new cargo trailer during the trip but motels were gracious enough (we did pay a premium) to let us spend the nights in rooms. The dogs handled the trip very well. I taught them how to eat sausage and chicken nuggets. They were fast learners.

Actually, it was not " enormous fun" but very satisfying for many reasons. It was a project with many diverse demands, a true "character builder". The results were terrific however.

Yes, this is the daughter that you had contact with during your transplant experience. She will be employed at the Idaho National Laboratory (Department of Energy) in Idaho Falls. I know she would appreciate your well wishes as she still follows your experiences.