Thread: Not good news
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 22, 2007, 07:02 PM

Thank you all for your prayers, and support.

Bob decided to stay here in Goldsboro for treatment, instead of Wake-Forest Cancer Center in Winston-Salem, so far away from family.

Dr. Marshall is overnighting the slides for Dr. Powell to go over. Just from the facts that Dr. Marshall told him, he was in agreement that the BMT is no longer an option. Bob's lungs and liver have deteriorated too much. Due to being in AML, either very strong Chemo or nothing are the options. Bob is not ready to stop treatment yet.

As of right now Bob is coming home tomorrow, and going back in on Monday to start Chemo. I am not sure what med, we will discuss options with Dr. Marshall on Thurs, or Friday after Dr. Powell lets him know what he thinks.

This has been quite a ride. The first year he did so well with Vidaza. Then he stopped resoponding, went to Dacogen. This never had time to work. His WBC, and Platelets got so low and never bounced back. So really he has had AML longer than just now. Probably at least since July or Aug. He stayed sick so couldn't even continue Dacogen.

I guess I have written enough. Sorry for going on and on.
Linda, Wife of Bob, dx REAB-1 19 Jan. 06. Beginning numbers 19% blasts, Vidaza for 10 cycles then stopped responding, as of Apr 07 REAB-T Blasts at 20 (AML). 2 cycles of Dacogen May and June, 3rd in Sep. Counts bottomed out (WBC and Plts). BMB in Oct. showed blasts at 51%. NC

Last edited by Linda : Wed Oct 24, 2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling