View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 30, 2010, 06:49 PM

More than one abnormal cell line?

Here's a complicated question for you amateur hematologists:

In the MDS-IPSS lotto, you get extra points for multiple chromosomal abnormalities. But is one cell line with multiple badness better or worse than multiple cell lines with singular badness?

For example, I have two cell lines: A. The happy, well-adjusted normal cell line and B. The unstoppable Borg with their Duplication in the long arm of Chromosome 1 and their Trisomy 8 (with which they have lately been equipping all their scurrilous crew.) Both lines, A & B, are about equal in size -- i.e. half the cells in my cytogenetic analysis.

But it occurs to me that, were I not me but someone very like me, I might have 50% happy normal A cells, 25% evil Chromosome 1 dup cells, and a third expanding cadre of Trisomy 8 cells.

Does anyone in here have multiple bad cell lines, or is this just the wicked invention of my overactive imagination? If you have more than one bad line, do you think that's better or worse than one bad line with multiple badness?

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com