View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 7, 2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsocal View Post
Just got word I will start on Dacogen Monday. I've been reading on the pros/cons for the last two hours or so. I hope it helps me... without too many of the nasty side effects. My platelets have dropped to 54 and WBC's to 1.6, other numbers look pretty good. I feel absolutely "normal" at the moment so it will be tough to start this. It's kind of like starting down that slippery slope where I will not feel good for a long time. Would love to hear from anyone about their experience with Dacogen. Thanks!
I started Dacogen in May, 2007 and after 14 cycles of treatment I was declared in total remission in Feb.,2009. For me the side effects, other than fatigue, have not been too bad. The worst side efffect was that I was allergic to the anti-nausea medicine. For whatever reason nobody could figure this out. I averaged less than two hours sleep a night for three months and lost 35 pounds. I was skinny to start with. The only way we found the trouble was I went to emergency room to get rehydrated and the
Dr. started as a pharmacist and he made an instant, correct diagnosis. Dacogen for me was not a very tough deal and the results have been spectacular.