View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 3, 2010, 11:48 PM

Good update

Last week I had the second CT scan, to see if there were any changes or if the nodules were still there.
It appears that only a couple remain, they are not calcified but they are small and my doctor feels there is nothing to be concerned about. My lungs are in good shape. However there are also a couple of enlarged lymphnodes.
He is sending everything to my MDS doctor and wants them to have *their* people check it out for a second opinion. We would rather be safe than sorry in case something is up.

As for the shortness of breath and pain in my chest, he gave me a very once over and discovered that the pain is coming from muscles. He figures that I have pulled some muscles, which is certainly possible since I work with and around the horses all the time (pushing on 800 lb round bales and moving my dog agility equipment that also weights a ton (not quite but it feels like it sometimes).
He suggested taking some over the counter pain meds and see if the pain went away and it did (silly me). And of course once the pain was gone, it was easier to breath. Over all I am relieved and very hopeful that it amounts to nothing with the second opinion.

Thanks,
Lynn