View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2015, 07:15 AM

Info : Different Danazol Manufacturer

Hi All,

Just want to share my mum experience on Danazol.

My mum was consuming 2 different manufacturer Danazol. One is from Malaysia and the other one from Cyprus. Danazol from cyprus helps her to improve her HGB. But the one from Malaysia causing her HGB to go down.

When she consumed Danazol from Malaysia, according to my mum, the color of the urine was dark brown, so i believe the danazol actually "drain" blood out of the body, just my guess. But my mum never told us as she doesnt feel uncomfortable. We have not meet the Hema yet. Will see Hema on August. As mentioned before, the hema told my sister that both Danazol are the same which i doubt it now.

We managed to find the previous Danazol from Cyprus but only 11 boxes left (get it from one of the distributor in malaysia). According to the distributor, government stopped importing this drug now.

Anyway my mum now consuming the Danazol from Cyprus and his HGB is improving.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015