Thread: Paul Robin
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 8, 2008, 10:24 AM

Hi, Ruth.

Good to hear from you! I hope that you are doing well.

Thanks for your condolences. Although Paul had been sick for a long time, he died rather suddenly, so we've all been in shock. Things have been pretty turbulent for the family in general-- Mom's been in poor health (although not particularly related to sideroblastic anemia) and is moving into a senior's community because the house has gotten to be a bit much. My brother David seems to be pretty steady-- he has gotten a splenectomy and is transfusion dependent. He has made another try at a port-a-cath (earlier attempts have failed because of infections and blood clots), and we'll see if he keeps this one.

My partner David and I got married a couple years ago (after 14 years together), and have moved into a lovely house here in Atlanta. Work remains very hectic for me but also very rewarding.

Hope all is well with you and your family-- I think of you and the folks at AAMDSIF often.
Leah Robin-- Atlanta, GA. Family member of Ellen (my mother), David, and Paul (my brothers)-- all diagnosed with genetic sideroblastic anemia. Ellen's SA controlled with B6. David is transfusion dependent, receiving oral chelation and treatment for elevated platelets. Paul passed away in 2008.