View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2010, 12:06 AM

Agent Orange and MDS

Hello All,

My dad was diagnosed with MDS 8 years ago - when he was 59. I filed a claim then and was denied. I'm wondering if I should file another claim and get denied and then hire a lawyer to appeal or would it be better to find a doctor who has linked Agent Orange with MDS and have him see my dad and then hopefully write a letter which is called a nexus I think? Then attach that to a claim and submit it.....

Compared to 8 years ago, the veterans who have become ill with MDS has just skyrocketed from just what I have seen on the internet.... isn't there a way to compile a list of veterans who have become ill with MDS? Is there a way to take all these names and petition Washington and congressman and senators? What else can we do? How much more do they need to admit that MDS is caused by Agent Orange too?

My dad has gone through so much in the past 8 years.... so many treatments, hospitals, emergency rooms, transfusions, chemotherapy, clinical trials.... it's not fair and they need to take responsibility for it.

If there is a way for me to help, please let me know.

Thank you