View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 27, 2018, 11:11 PM

I would say that this is a little more complicated than yes or no, as MDS is so diverse of a disease. There are some forms that benefit from immune suppression, usually of the trisomy 8 variety, and hypo-mds.

Since there are a couple of components to MDS 1) production of faulty cells and 2) inability of your system to recognize and destroy malfunctioning cells, it is possible that activating T cells could help improve part of the condition.

My thought would be that this would need a combination approach though, as I believe that having the over-active t cell response may cause or increase marrow fibrosis, at least initially.

You would need something that could help the marrow reform - kind of like vidaza does in some cases.

Just my 2 cents - I am not a research biologist or doctor, so it is kind of a Monday morning quarterback approach.

Love the question and research though.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.