View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 22, 2013, 11:34 AM

high folic acid? and ditto with diet

If I read this thread correctly, it is possible to have elevated Folic Acid but not be absorbing? Both times my folic acid levels have been measured, they've been elevated (years apart). The first time, I think the B12 was also elevated, but it is normal now. I had neurological problems so that was a logical thing to look at, but docs were not concerned about elevated levels.... ?

Also of interest is the mention of needing to eat low-carb and feeling better. I have been eating low carb for years for this reason. If I eat carb-normal meal, I either crash with fatigue (for HOURS); or if it's sugary, may experience tachycardia first before crashing. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but at times (usually around ovulation, which is also a time when I experience autoimmune-like problems), I felt achy/flulike/feverish. I hadn't felt like that in a while, but last month (around ovulation), I was stressed and having to make doc appts, so grabbed a coffee and coffeecake from Starbucks (which I *rarely* do). OMG, I felt so flulike within an hour or two, for the entire rest of the day. I also had some bloodwork in the midst of feeling flulike, and my neutrophil count (the problem I'm experiencing, with chronically LOW neutrophils) had tripled and my lymph count was abnormally low. I CLEARLY (to me lol) had an immune response to eating the sugary snack, but I don't know what it means or who to talk to about it.