View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 1, 2011, 12:54 PM

One last chance

Don't lose all hope. We do have one last chance. Over this weekend I will be writing a letter to the "Veterans for Common Sense" and explaining to them what has occurred. My doing anything further through the VA would be like throwing "pearls before swine."

This time the report from the IOM was neither moral nor ethical - - - it looks like it was strictly a financial decision and most likely driven by input from the VA and this administration.

In the small book I am writing

"Delay You, Lie to Deny You and Wait for You to die - - -
What Audacity Veterans Must Have to Hope!"

I am just fleshing out the chapter on "Decisions in the Sunshine" about the secrecy and lack of transparency behind the IOM decision making process. They did not confer with a single one of our experts. Decision in a vacuum but it is a large report full of minutia needed to justify the wasting of your tax money. Not a single new presumptive disease for two years work.

I certainly encourage everyone to continue your fight until you get a definitive decision from the Board of Veterans Appeals. As you continue, I will be here to help you in any way I might. From the MDS claims heard before the BVA 25 have been approved and 41 denied and the rest were remanded back to the region.

Strange anomaly has occurred. There has historically been one of more BVA decisions on MDS concerning Agent Orange every month. Since September 1, 2010, there have only been three, one nay and two yeas. The decisions lag behind getting posted but they are current through July 2011.

There are a huge number of MDS / AML cases being treated by the VA for Vietnam Era veterans that have never been before the BVA. I believe I have said this before - - - I believe those cases were resolved at the region in favor of the veteran. Wrote to the VA Inspector General’s office yesterday to ask them to look into why my Freedom of Information Act request that could be used to prove that is being stonewalled by the Regional Offices.

To answer your concerns - - - I have not given up.

I will be asking “Veterans for Common Sense” to consider suing Veterans’ Affairs in federal court on behalf of our class of veterans - - - those with bone marrow failure diseases. If they will take it on, all of their work is done pro bono.

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/

Never kick a tiger in the ass without first having worked out a real good plan for the teeth.