Thread: I'm not sure
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 05:32 PM

I use to think I understood this a lot more, but like your dad it doesn't make sense so much of the time. My platelets are usually always low, sometimes in the teens, if they go below 50, I go on predi. yuck! We have tried several other things but they only last a few months. Because I have APAS as well as ITP we haven't looked much at removing spleen, I have had multiple clots. My WBC have been as high as 95,000 and are now hovering in the 50,000's due to the PVera. My RBC have been low. It is all a balancing act with meds. I am having a bone marrow biopsy next week after not having had one in several years. After reading what others have written I will ask about staging and level (?) of the MDS. Last bone marrow showed myelofibrosis and MDS but I don't remember any details or staging. We always are ruling out acute leukemia because of the WBC's. If anyone has any suggestions on anything else I should be asking please let me know. With all the different diagnosis, I use to tell my husband he had married a one in a million kind of gal, now I just feel like a freak.