View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:32 PM

Yes that is the right attitude. It sounds as though the transplant worked. I believe that I will beat this in the now too. I'm just trying to find more information. I wonder, 'Did your counts increase?' and if so how long did that take? Good luck and I admire your strength.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
I had a BMT 78 days ago. I am 39 years old. Well 78 days old now ... I was readmitted to the hospital today with the BK virus. It is not fun, but it to will pass. All my numbers are now in the Black. Prior to the BMT I had 23 blood transfusions, since it I have not had any.... I have had GVHD (resolved with prednisone) and now I have BK. I look at these as hills in my journey. Last week I was running 3.5 miles a day and lifting weights... Would I say it has been easy Heck no... I did this so I can see my children graduate HS, and beyond. Would I do it again, in a minute. I had a 10/10 match with the same blood type... If you want to talk please send me a message.. I truly think your attitude makes all the difference in the world.. You have to look at it as a battle and something you have to beat. Losing is not an option. If you want to read about my journey look for Hunkering down to beat MDS on facebook. It is my journey in my wife and my words...