View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:51 AM

Squalene and low platelets

Hi, I am new and I have a question. I have hepatitis c and low platelets (127). I am waiting to start txt with a new drug and the standard Interferon in July. I just recently started taking Squalene (2x2) to try and get my platelets up. I have a brand of squalene from Cardiovascular Research Ltd., which is suppose to be pretty pure. It is 500mg squalene and 20% Alkylgycerois. I was noticing on a previous post that the amt. of Alkylgycerois was much higher. Do I need to find a brand that is higher and also some brands say take it with meals and some say before. I have been taking with breakfast and dinner. It concerns me about my platelets, even though I know they are not too low right now to start txt; one of the main problems with txt is that it causes platelets to drop and if they get too low then they cut back on the meds or stop altoghether. I am trying to get in the best health possible before I start this very hard treatment. The new drug is suppose to help pp with my genotype but it also cause added side effects along with the side effects that come from just the interferon alone. I also have high iron levels; but that's another problem.....anyone with any suggestions on the Squalene?
thanks.