View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 1, 2013, 02:04 PM

Hi Heather,
I do have Hanna's blood tests in a binder and most of her scans, etc.
I am starting to transfer them onto my computer because they are getting to be a lot. we have been dealing with her being tired for over a year now.

I feel lost about what to do. My gut says dont give up, but sometimes I want to throw in the towel. We have been to 3 hospitals, 2 say nothing is wrong, and one is the one trying to figure all this out, doing biopsies etc.. No one can explain what is going on with Hanna. I mean, is it really "NORMAL" to have a hypocellular bone marrow, and is it "NORMAL" for people to constantly for over one year to have a low White blood count? Her ANA is positive at 180 speckled. The Rheumatologist (2) that I have taken her to see both think that she is developing Leukemia. Her RBC is Right at the LOWEST part of normal.

I have so many questions that I ask myself, Should I do something like take her to a holistic doctor? Should I try to make her eat certain foods/vitamins that will make her bone marrow healthier? Do I stop worrying and let nature take its course? She is fatigued at school. Her platelets will range between normal and sometimes they are well below.....She is an identical twin, but her twin is normal with all her blood counts.

She has good days where she plays, and other days she sits on the couch under a blanket all day. She is 10 years old and needs to be a kid. I just wish i knew what to do. I am going to do some research on other hospitals, I dont think anyone in California (near me) knows what they are doing.