View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 2, 2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB View Post
Hi Angie,

very little seems to be written in the way of "real life stories" on the complications surrounding BMT, in comparison with the success stories which are understandably published frequently to help encourage new donors, funding for new research etc, which needs to be done for the success rate of BMT to be improved for current/future patients.

I wish you all the best for your dad with his ongoing treatment.

JenB
I'm sorry you had to go through all that and I agree the "what if" works both ways and you eloquently stated that. However, You twanged my funny bone with that statement. If you've been here long enough you'd see that way to many have outcomes are much like what you observed and there is more than enough written about the complications. The success stories are far and few but always welcome. Once someone makes the decision to go to transplant they most always know what the risks are. The point is that there are people that DO have successful transplants and focusing on the success is a lot more constructive than focusing on failure. Keep in mind that like your dad for many its the only CHANCE at prolonging your life as the alternative is usually hospice.