View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 8, 2014, 12:20 PM

It was actually about two years for him. But his knee had been bothering him for quite some time. But it was the least of his issues and it wasn't something he thought about. I think the other thing that played into it is the fact that his red cells were low for a long time. He was transfusion dependent for two years and and then still stayed low for a long time after that. His HGB gets to 12 at best now. So I think the nerve damage, low HG and drugs all played a part in it. Tendons don't have a lot of blood flow anyway. The nerve damage causes a lot of stiffness in his ankles and feet. And can effect blood flow.

It's also important to address nutritional issues as a result of the treatment. Since your magnesium is a low-normal, you may want to start there with a good mag. citrate or glycinate. John was pretty depleted on many things. And drugs will deplete and/or disrupt absorption.

I understand your concern. Wonder if a good ortho would be able to evaluate this for you?
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.