View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 17, 2016, 12:03 PM

Joint and muscle pain, ugh!

Hello again everyone! I haven't posted since December 2014, which is great news since it means things have been going pretty well! I am just about at my 2 year anniversary! I continue to have issues with my muscles/tendons/joints. They have definitely gotten better since my last post but now I have a new issue. I have been doing light exercise such as some weight training and yoga. But, about 3 weeks ago, I decided I was ready to really get back in shape and I started a "boot camp" with a friend. Unfortunately, after a week of this(lots of squats, lunges, running, jumping on concrete) I began having severe pain in both of my knees. Needless to say I have taken a break form boot camp. I am still doing my normal activities and some yoga but I have to take ibuprofen to keep them from hurting. As soon as it wears off they hurt terribly again. I am planning on going to an orthopedist but wanted to see if anyone has had flare ups of arthritis or anything of that sort after becoming more active. My mom tells me I need to be thankful that I am doing so well after transplant and don't get me wrong I am so very thankful but, it's very frustrating because I feel like a really old lady limping around and I truly want to get back in shape!
Chandra, 40 y/o wife and mother of 2 girls; DX SAA Dec 2013; H-ATG Jan 2014; Prior to ATG:HGB 8.3, HCT 24.3, Platelets 10, WBC 1.9, RBC 2.67, ANC 100; April 30, 2014 matched sibling donor BMT; currently off meds and counts are normal!