View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 21, 2016, 08:47 AM

Hi Chandra - don't jump to conclusions (especially on concrete) - too much worry doesn't help.

Are you still doing exercises that involve pounding on your knees - running, jumping etc? Walking distances on concrete? In my professional opinion as a former soccer coach, you sound like you have a sports injury from the boot camp that maybe you haven't allowed to heal - have you tried rest - really resting it - Are you using ice, heat? Does it still respond to advil? Are you wearing good cushioned shoes designed for running or training? Are you planning an x-ray or MRI?

I'm getting an x-ray next week for chronic intermittent hip pain to rule out avascular necrosis since I've been on Prednisone for a while - but mine wasn't associated with exercise and I think they're maybe being over cautious.

Sorry you having a hard time - hopefully it will resolve itself without too much drama.

Best,
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015