View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 2, 2014, 09:22 PM

Thumbs up

Tom, I find your information very interesting and a belief that I have. I remember when they used to say 'you are what you eat'. When you take a look at increase of diseases today, and the relationship of money being more important than health to the large business and fast food being consumed today I think it can a relative reason. My husbands MDS is now being looked at as contaminated water while he was stationed at Camp LeJeun in the Marines and benzene being in the water.
He just had an appointment today at Moffit Cancer Center and I have noticed that over the last three months his counts have started to drop and today his platelets went into the 50's. Next week he will have a BMB done. He had excellent results after two months of Vidaza putting him into total remission. I had him on a juicing diet of Organic veggies and fruits, supplements, no beer and very limited sugar and no coffee. Around the holiday he became more lax on such his diet and started to add things back into it. I noticed in January his counts started to change from excellent to dropping gradually each month. Dr. does not know if Vidaza has stopped working or itself is the reason his counts are down. Reason to BMB to see what is going on. He is going back onto restricted diet as of today. We will see. What you are doing can only enhance your strength. Good luck with all of it. Reading ' Radical Remission ' is only going to help the person who reads it and makes the changes. My husband has not read it, if you get what I mean. :-) Prayers are with you. Kathy
Kathy,wife of 69 year old male with DX June 2013 with MDS= RAEB 2refractory with Extra Blast Very High Risk WBC 1.9-RBC 2.29-HGB 8.1-PLT 32-, as of Aug 2013:. BMB 12/4/13= WBC 5.57/RBC 4.86/HGB 15.5/HCT 42.8/RDW 49.6/PLT 188. 3% blast.BMB 4/11/14 WBC1.6,PLT12,RBC2.6,HGB9.2